The Savannah Walks, Inc. specializes in providing walking tours of Savannah’s National Landmark Historic District to tourists, travelers, school groups, civic organizations, corporations, and celebrities.
Since its founding in 1996, The Savannah Walks, Inc. has served an estimated 200,000 visitors, many of them referred by local businesses. In addition to offering “Tours for the Educated Traveler,” the company prides itself on its high level of customer satisfaction. One experienced guide consistently encourages immediate feedback by concluding his tours with this proclamation: “if you like what we do, tell everyone. If there is something we can do better, talk to me.”
The Savannah Walks consistently sets the standard for fair and honest conduct in the highly competitive walking tour industry and has earned the respect of travelers, local businesses and educational institutions.
To be the most respected and recommended walking tour company in Savannah, and to make a positive contribution to the community by promoting Savannah’s unique cultural heritage and rich history as ambassadors of Georgia’s First City.
- Brad Spinks, Owner and General Manager
- Founded in 1996
- Offers walking tours of Savannah’s Historic District, including historic overviews (The Savannah Stroll, Civil War Savannah, Historic Homes, Gates and Gardens) and popular tours such as Savannah Ghosts and A Walk through Midnight.
- The General Manager is a Savannah native with more than ten (10) years in the hospitality industry.
- Over half of the guides employed by The Savannah Walks have college degrees. One-third of the guides having earned graduate degrees; the rest are pursuing Bachelor’s or Masters degrees.
- Three guides are published authors. Three are college professors. One has more than five years of journalism experience, and is an Eagle Scout.